Saturday, November 7, 2009

YahooAnswers - Just the questions

As an blogger and atheist, I am always looking for ways to engage people in discussion. I decided that I might go on to Yahoo Answers and contribute to some of the questions people were asking.

On Friday (Nov 6,2009 - yesterday), around 8 PM I had created my account.
At 10:15, I received the following:


Hello JackRussell8888(jackrussell8888)

You have posted content to Yahoo! Answers in violation of our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service. As a result, your account has been suspended.

If you feel you were not in violation, please contact our Customer Care and tell us why.

Regards,
Yahoo! Customer Care


Please do not reply to this message. This is a service email related to your use of Yahoo! Answers. To learn more about Yahoo!\'s use of personal information, including the use of web beacons in HTML-based email, please read our Privacy Policy. Yahoo! Answers is located at 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089.

Copyright © 2007 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Terms of Service.


I have posted the JUST the questions that I interacted with below.

I will discuss my answers to these questions in a separate post.

I do not have the exact text of what was posted,
but I will do my best to recreate my answers on another post to my blog.

Why dont Jews accept Jesus as Lord,and do they Believe that he existed? What about Jews for Jesus?
(No other details to the question)

What will happen if God and Jesus turn out to be ALIENS? - Yahoo! Answers
Like God when I see him in paintings he is like in a flying saucer, so is Jesus when he is taken up to haven don't you think it is like the mother ship sending an anti gravitational ray to pick him up. When Virgin Mary is impregnated don't you think is like an alien abduction and they artificially inseminate her, and when God destroys all these towns the ''angels''(aliens) might be destroying the city weaponry , and when the Nephilin or angels breed with female apes I think it might be aliens having sex wit the female apes. The flying fire charriots of the Gods might turn out to be simply flying saucers.

Who do you think of the following FUNDAMENTALIST AXIOMS? - Yahoo! Answers
They deleted this question

Am I psychic, or do I just have a keen eye? - Yahoo! Answers

Every since I was little I've alway been able to connect to people on a way deeper level, even if I had met them that very day. I can always tell what a person is feeling, and get a general sense on why. Just by being around a person for a few seconds I can tell if their purpose is good or bad & what type of a person they are. Almost as if they have some sort of a glow to them. I can't explain it. Anyways I'd appreciate any help. Thank you.

Why do we have to be God's servants? - Yahoo! Answers
If I created a conscious, self aware robot I wouldn't force him to worship me. What kind of egotistical maniac is God anyway?

What exactly is the "Christian way" - best answer? - Yahoo! Answers
(no other details to the question)

What is your opinion of 12-21-2012 ? Real or fake? - Yahoo! Answers
Do you think 12-21-2012 will be the end of the world? or do you think that it's a hoax to scare people?

ANY opinions are greatly appreciated! :)

Why should i believe in the bible? - Yahoo! Answers
there is much evidence showing it is not legit. God never summoned ppl to put together it. I find it to be a manipulation of the religion because ppl put it together not some god.

Did you know that 666 is in every barcode? - Yahoo! Answers
Each barcode has 3 guard bars, one on each end, and one in the middle, of each barcode. The UPC code for these guard bars is 6.Thy appear 3 times on each barcode so therefore = 666. On every barcode.

Christians:i get worried about god judging me.2 questions? - Yahoo! Answers
im a christian and i love god so much,but it says in revelation that he'll judge us on our deeds.And deeds are things that already have been accomplished.Won't everyone look at each other differently then now because of it? And i think i want to get to know god and do what he wants but,i keep breaking promises to him i need help with that?
Can u please answer my two questions thank you:P

Is a permanent loss of consciousness a bad thing? - Yahoo! Answers
It seems to scare people. The desire to live on is genetic... it spurs us to reproduce. Arguably, it spurs us to create all manner of things in an attempt to outlive our mortal bodies. Or to imagine a god, or a slew of them, to let us keep on keepin' on after death.

Fear of death is necessary to the extent that it keeps us from walking into traffic. But it doesn't have to be more than that. Why should the idea be frightening, when we lose consciousness every night while we sleep? We don't dream but a tiny fraction of the time in REM... the rest of the time, we're just... not there. Not our consciousness, anyway. And we really don't worry about it, 'cus we aren't there to worry. So why worry about the Big Sleep?

One of our contacts daughters has been diagnosed with the H1N1 virus. Can you send words of encouragement? - Yahoo! Answers
(This question was deleted)

Any holes in Eckhart Tolle's teachings? - Yahoo! Answers
I'm completely drawn into his message, at a dangerous level. My perception of life is just so different now, and for the better.

I guess my ego is struggling to take back control now and, thus, is having me write this question with the hope that logic and analysis will force me to rationalize the need for my ego's existence.

I guess my real question is: Is anyone else a half-baked, half-awake, but still unsure Tolle follower? It scary to keep shifting in and out of awakened-ness. When will I settle in to pure awaked-ness? I'm not trying to push it, but being in limbo makes me self-aware of how others are perceiving my erratic shifting between my former ego-dominated self and my realized presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are welcome on this site. They are moderated, but primarily to remove spam. Please keep the comments rated PG-13.